Box Trees Farm - History

Boxtrees Farm was built in the 1760’s and formed part of the Aylesbury estate of Warwickshire which included several other farms in the area. A portrait of the owner Wilson Aylesbury Roberts hangs in the nearby Packwood House, now a National Trust property.

During the Second World War the land opposite Boxtrees was cleared and used for training pilots one of which crashed into the garden at Boxtrees. The farm house was painted white to mark the end of the runway!

The current owners took over the farm in 1980 and developed the farm with poultry and created a farm shop specialising in local grown produce and included a ‘Pick Your Own’ strawberry field. The farm shop sold fresh trout which customers could choose themselves from a tank before being prepared to take home, Boxtrees became known as the ‘ Trout Farm’.

The old barns were used for numerous barns dances and hired for Bbq’s for different organisations.

In the early 1990’s plans were put forward to develop the redundant farm buildings into an Arts and Craft Centre which opened in 1995. Much of the work was done by John Clarke a local businessman and good friend of the owner who has sadly passed away.

Today Boxtrees’s  great location just 1 mile from the M42 and the ever growing town of Solihull attracts many visitors with its easy access and free parking.